Re: apps password

  • From: chamanya varma <choudaryvarma@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 08:19:45 -0700 (PDT)

i think, you might have tried tried to connect to applsys with wrong password
more than 3 times, which turn locked the locked. there should be some profile
for this kind.

  if u make 3 wrong trials, the account will belocked.

  to find atg level, download the script patchsets.sh and run it from your
shell prompt. it shows.

k srinivas <k.sridba@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    Vikram.. One more question .. How to find the ATG level ..

  Thanks
  Sri

  On 5/3/08, k srinivas <k.sridba@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:     Vikram,

  Thanks a ton.. Its working .......

    On 5/3/08, vikram singh <vikramsingh120@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:     Srinivas,

  Connect to your database as sysdba (on your db-node)
  sqlplus
  SQL> conn /as sysdba
  SQL> select account_status from dba_users where username='APPLSYS';
  -- The o/p should show the account is locked.
  SQL> alter user applsys account unlock;

  Next, on your application node, resume the adadmin session

  Thanks,
  Vikram

    On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 12:40 PM, k srinivas <k.sridba@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    Hi Vikram,

  Thanks for the prompt response .

  .When I try to connect as applsys user... it shows account is locked .
  .GUEST user password is not changed recently .
  .Vikram .. How to find the ATG level ..

  Thanks,
  Sri

    On 5/3/08, vikram singh <vikramsingh120@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:     Srinivas,

  - Can you check if you are able to connect to SQL*Plus as APPLSYS user?
  - Also, can you confirm if the GUEST user password has not been changed
recently? If changed, does it reflect correctly in the profiles, and dbc file
as well?
  - What ATG level are you in?

  Thanks,
  Vikram

    On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 11:56 AM, k srinivas <k.sridba@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    DBAS,

  I Have a mutinode setup with only database on one node and other
application(viz. Forms,Reports,CM,Apache) on the
other node .When I try to connect to the application tier through SQLPLUS with
apps user it connects .But when I run adadmin and pass apps password it does
not connect (user/password is incorrect) . Please help me out in resolving this
.

  Thanks in advance
  Sri ...