Re: What Linux do you use for your 11i or 12i EBS - 32 bit or 64 bit

  • From: "Jose Ruiz" <joseantonio.ruizpascual@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 07:58:28 +0100

Hi Kathy,

Oracle EBS 11i and R12 Software is 32bits only even if you are installing in
a 64bits O.S , only database software can be installed in a 64bits mode. So
if you look for an applications patch you should install the 32bits patch
but if you look for a database patch apply the 64bits.

You can find more information about it in metalink *Note:343917.1 **Frequently
Asked Questions: Oracle E-Business Suite Support on x86-64

Regards,
José Antonio Ruiz
*