Re: What Linux do you use for your 11i or 12i EBS - 32 bit or 64 bit

  • From: kathy duret <katpopins21@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 11:12:11 -0700 (PDT)

I am specifically looking for 12i rollup patch 3 for 64 bit.  The 32 bit has
been out for a while now.  We really need this too for some bugs we are facing
and I have applied this patchset to a 32 bit 12i environment and it fixes the
issues.

  We are having some difficulty getting patches for 64 bit for 12i while you
can get the 32 bit equivalent.  Some of the items don't have work arounds so it
gets very challenging.

  My management is now wondering if we should scrape our boxes and do a redo in
32 bit.

  I would like to stay on 64 bit platform especially for the planning instance.

  Kathy

Pravin RC <pravinrc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    What kind of patches you are searching?  We have implemented release 12 on
64 bit linux Redhat server, the only problem is the middle tier does not
support the itenium based processor. Check metalink if they are now supporting
itenium processor

  On 10/31/07, kathy duret <katpopins21@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:     Me again,,,

  We are implementing across 64 bit but we are finding it hard to get patches
on items that have been out across the 64 bit Linux platform.

  I was wondering if most installs are on 32 bit or if there are others with
the same issues that I am finding in our 12i EBS install.

  Thanks and Happy Halloween!

  Kathy
  Offical Candy Taster
http://mail.yahoo.com