RE: SQLPLUS issue

  • From: Shyam Kumar <shyam4558@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps dba <ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 19:26:21 +0000

Give us the following information, its easy for TS

1) Where is the DB located - same server or somewhere else

2) tnsping UPGR

3) echo $ORACLE_SID

4) echo $TWO_TASK

5) Contents of Listener.ora, sqlnet.ora and tnsnsmaes.ora

Regards

> Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 18:19:06 +0530
> Subject: SQLPLUS issue
> From: kalyan.sundu@xxxxxxxxx
> To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Hi all,
>
> I am facing a weird issue with sqlplus.
>

> DB connection through sqlnet works fine but when I just enter
> sqlplus username/passwd it errors out.
>
> Kindly let me know your inputs on this.
>

> When Connected directly:
>
> **********************
>

> [oracle@oraapps2 dbs]$ echo $ORACLE_HOME
>
> /u02/db/tech_st/10.2.0
>
> [oracle@oraapps2 dbs]$ echo $ORACLE_SID
>
> UPGR
>
> [oracle@oraapps2 dbs]$ sqlplus system/manager
>

> SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.3.0 - Production on Wed Jun 24 17:13:36 2009
>

> Copyright (c) 1982, 2006, Oracle. All Rights Reserved.
>

> ERROR:
>
> ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
>
> ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist
>
> Linux Error: 2: No such file or directory
>

> When Connected through listener:
>
> ************************************
>

> [oracle@oraapps2 dbs]$ sqlplus system/system@UPGR
>

> SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.3.0 - Production on Wed Jun 24 17:14:34 2009
>

> Copyright (c) 1982, 2006, Oracle. All Rights Reserved.
>

> Connected to:
>
> Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.3.0 - Production
>
> With the Partitioning, OLAP and Data Mining options
>

> SQL>
>

> Thanks,
>
> Kalyan

> Disclaimer: This communication, along with any documents, files or
> attachments, is confidential, intended only for the use of the
> recipient(s) named above and may contain information that is legally
> privileged, attorney work product or otherwise exempt from disclosure
> under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient(s) or have
> received this message in error, you are hereby notified that any
> dissemination, distribution or copying of any information contained in
> or attached to this communication is strictly prohibited; instructed
> to immediately notify the sender by return email or by a phone call to
> the sender; and required to delete this message from your computer.
> This communication does not form any contractual obligation on behalf
> of the sender, the sender's employer or such employer's parent
> company, affiliates or subsidiaries.

Stay updated! Add Facebook, LinkedIn, MySpace & Hi5  friends to your Windows
Live network instantly. Add Now!
http://profile.live.com/webactivities/?mkt=en-in