Re: SQLPLUS issue

  • From: James Morrow <morrow.james@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 08:27:03 -0500

Is this a new database?

It's possible that the "root.sh" script wasn't run...  You may want to check
the permissions on  ${ORACLE_HOME}/bin/oracle to see if it is setuid
(it should be).  Also, I'd do a "ps -ef|grep ora_" to see if the processes are
indeed running as the "oracle" user.

-- James
James J. Morrow | Senior Oracle Applications DBA | TriOra Group, LLC
morrow.james <at> gmail <dot> com
james.morrow <at> trioragroup <dot> com