Re: How to connect from sybase to oracle

  • From: Jurijs Velikanovs <j.velikanovs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 20:38:20 +1000

Hi,

I believe the answer depends on your requirements:
A. Oracle Gateway - separately licensed product (read expensive
solution). Isn't used often (read a lot of bugs). Might not support
your platform. In spite of disadvantages it is IMHO the only solution
that is transparent. You select data via DB link as you are working
with other remote Oracle DB.
B. Write a small Java program that would read data from Oracle and
Send it to Sybase (connects to DB-s via JDBC drivers). Cheap and
simple.
C. Transfer data via text files.

Just my 0.02$,
Yury