Re: GUEST/ORACLE and APPLSYSPUB/PUB..

  • From: "Jurijs Velikanovs" <j.velikanovs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 15:10:52 +0300

Sreenivash,

Don't mix up to levels of authorization.
APPLSYSPUB/PUB - is DB username which is used by any utility to
retrieve APPS schema password for further logins.
GUEST/ORACLE - is EBS username with no or max limited privileges to
execute some authorization function.

I think both used during regular an End used authorization process.
First of all connection to DB using APPLSYSPUB/PUB then to EBS using
GUEST/ORACLE.
End of the day APPS user is used to establish final connection.
May be APPS connections came in to the action in between listed above.

Just my 0.02$
Jurijs

--
Yury