Re: Challenge for apps dba gurus - GSI

  • From: Jurijs Velikanovs <j.velikanovs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 00:18:32 +1000

Hi Naim,

If you are asking about how to consolidate 10 different
versions/platforms/customized EBS environment in one Single Global
instance then I would say there is no simple answer to your questions.
I don't think there are any technical (read Apps DBA level) of doing
this. I was part of consolidation projects before (on one case the
customer was working on merging 70 EBS environments) and all the time
the merge/globalization process was functional team driven.
They worked on not just globalizing data but globalizing processes
within the company.
This requires significant change in the way business runs side of all
technical challenges.

If you ask bit more focused question probably I would be able to give
you a more specific answer.

Yury

--
Jurijs