Re: Backup Location of Application Context File (sid.xml)

  • From: "Jurijs Velikanovs" <j.velikanovs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 12:45:52 +0100

Chase,

1.
I just wonder if you have got regular backup of APPS software. It
would be easiest way to get it from those?
2.
If this environment has been cloned that adclone.pl duing something like that:
Backing up $APPL_TOP/admin/<envname>_<hostname>.xml to
$APPL_TOP/admin/<envname>_<hostname>.xml.bak
3.
You can alway to try to find backup xml files using the following commands:
find $APPL_TOP -name "*.xml*"
find $$COMMON_TOP -name "*.xml*"
4.
If still unsuccessfull then try to generate a new Contex file using
adclonectx.pl

Just my 0.02£
Yury

On 6/27/06, Chase Gruezo <chase@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is there a backup of the xml file being used by autoconfig? I accidentally saved the file without having a backup. After running autoconfig, I can't access the application anymore. I tried using some of the xml files located at $APPL_TOP/admin/SID/out but was unsuccessful in restoring the apps.

 Help Please! Thanks!
 Chase

--
Yury