[optimal] Re: optimal Digest V3 #154

  • From: "Donald Kuitula" <KUITULA@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2012 12:14:01 -0400

An easier way to buy Dust-Aid products is to go directly to their website
http://www.dust-aid.com/ and click "Let's Go Shopping" in the top corner of the
page.

This is my wife's (Maria Kuitula - formerly Wordhouse) brother's company and he
would appreciate your business!

Thanks,
Don

Donald E. Kuitula, CRA, OCT-C
Vitreo-Retinal Associates, P.C.
Grand Rapids, MI

optimal Digest  Sat, 28 Jul 2012        Volume: 03  Issue: 154

In This Issue:
                [optimal] OIS 5 MP Digital Camera Cleaning/Dismantle
                [optimal] Re: OIS 5 MP Digital Camera Cleaning/Dismantle

From: Jim Soque <jsoque@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [optimal] OIS 5 MP Digital Camera Cleaning/Dismantle
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 09:46:21 -0400

(Posted Saturday 7/28/12, Columbus, OH, 9:44 am EST) I have a couple of tough
flecks on my fundus camera photos.One deep at 10 and one shallow at 12.Both are
black. Prudence suggests dismantling the OIS 5.0 capturing headinverting it,
and blowing it on the undersurface with compressed air, and then checking it
with a flashlight, re-assemble, shoot a  crisp Grant, shoot a dilated eye. This
hasn't cured the problem. Does anyone have any experience at dismantling the
lens system,below the digital camera to get to a fleck that is on the superior
surface, of the first condensing lens?I know this is a bit of a 'Hail Mary'
before I send it off to MERGE for an exploratory, or sending Mick a 911 to stop
bymy office for a look see. Thanks All, Jim SoqueIsland-Retina

------------------------------

Subject: [optimal] Re: OIS 5 MP Digital Camera Cleaning/Dismantle
From: sandor ferenczy <sandorferenczy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 09:56:03 -0400

Jim, try Dust Aid on the sensor.
http://www.dust-aid.com/08DAplatinum.html

B&H has it, and we have been using it for years to clean sensors - it works
great, especially for dust that seems to be adhering unusually well.

-sandor

On Jul 28, 2012, at 9:46 AM, Jim Soque <jsoque@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> (Posted Saturday 7/28/12, Columbus, OH, 9:44 am EST)
>
> I have a couple of tough flecks on my fundus camera photos.
> One deep at 10 and one shallow at 12.
> Both are black.
>
> Prudence suggests dismantling the OIS 5.0 capturing head
> inverting it, and blowing it on the undersurface with compressed air,
> and then checking it with a flashlight, re-assemble, shoot a
> crisp Grant, shoot a dilated eye.
>
> This hasn't cured the problem.
>
> Does anyone have any experience at dismantling the lens system,
> below the digital camera to get to a fleck that is on
> the superior surface, of the first condensing lens?
> I know this is a bit of a 'Hail Mary' before I send it off to
> MERGE for an exploratory, or sending Mick a 911 to stop by
> my office for a look see.
>
> Thanks All,
>
> Jim Soque
> Island-Retina