[optimal] Topcon error codes and misfiring

  • From: "Breit, Peter" <BreitP@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 11:19:19 -0400

Hello colleagues,
                        I am having problems with the IVFA filters on the
Topcon TRC-50DX .

The camera suddenly stops working and I am getting all kind of error codes
(3,6,8,10..). The first 2-3 IVFAs are fine but then the problem acts up. Maybe
it is heat related ?
I tried different settings, manual filter insertion, etc. but it does not help.
Letting the camera rest, turned off for œ hour seems to help.. but obviously I
don't  have the time for that. Obviously it is only IVFA related.
Maybe someone had the same problem and can tell me how it was solved. New
solenoid put in ?  My local Topcon rep could not fix it.

Incidentally another Topcon in a different office is also misfiring. Meaning
sometimes you have to press the joystick button several times before you can
hear the mirror move up and a picture appears. I may get several blank (black)
pictures on the screen and then a good fundus picture..  I am not sure if the
problem is in the joystick or the eye piece head ?
Again this doesn't happen right away, usually on the 3rd or 4th IVFA.... This
happens not only when doing IVFA but also when just shooting fundus
photographs...

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thank you
Peter

Peter L. Breit, CRA.
Director Ophthalmic Services
The Lankenau Hospital & Bryn Mawr Hospital
Philadelphia, PA 19096

484-476-3338
484-476-8206 fax
484-437-3262 mobile