[optimal] Re: Sodium 25% a thing of the past?

  • From: "Egnatz, Thomas James" <tegnatz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 13:36:22 -0400

"per the FDA because there are no studies supporting its use the way you (and
others) use it"

Your tax dollars at work. All your patients are going to die (dye?) if you use 25%, but not 10%.

CPMC Ophthalmic Diagnostic Center <cpmceyelab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Here is what our pharmacy is telling us. Is this true? No more 25%.
We have to de-evolve back to 10%?  What are others doing?

"It is now true that there is no more fluorescein 25% past what you
are getting with your current order It is  off the US market, per the
FDA because there are no studies supporting its use the way you (and
others) use it"

Denice Barsness, CRA, COMT, ROUB, CDOS, FOPS
Ophthalmic Diagnostic Center
CPMC Department of Ophthalmology
2100 Webster Street Suite 212
San Francisco CA 94115