[optimal] Re: Sending movie files

  • From: Jocelyn Gajeway <jocelyn.gajeway@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 13:06:40 -0700

Peter -

I find that the Cinepac codec provides nice, clean compression. When you're
in the "Save as" dialogue, click on "set up codec", and select it from the
list. I believe that in most systems, it is defaulted to an uncompressed
video file, which can be large - my demo went from 20MB uncompressed to
1.54MB using Cinepac. If you are looking to send the uncompressed files, I
frequently use http://sendspace.com to handle both multiple file uploads and
large files.

Hope that helps!
Jocelyn