[optimal] Re: Montage/Photo Stitching Programs

  • From: Jef Jodell <mpscra@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 15:46:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,
On this topic I must say I find the Imagenet (mosaic) works great, or not at
all. You can however move the images to the proper spot with Imagenet which is
a plus for that system. Topcon seems to show the differences more than other
makes though, when it comes to the changes inherent in concave images shot from
different angles.
OIS (montage) does a very good, reliable job overall. Occassionally there is
some vessels that "break" where they meet. I also think the earlier version did
a slightly better job than the newest version.
Lately I have gotten a real surprise though. Started using MRP again, but now
with the full size sensors such as OIS use, and must say I have seen truly
completely artifact freeimages using what they call "mapping". Still not my
fave capture software, but that feature looks great!
Still, nothing beats photoshop...