survey update May 17, 2006

  • From: Catherine Thomas <braille@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 21:11:52 -0400 (EDT)

TODAY'S INTERSTING USE
We heard from a teacher today who uses the Optacon to make sure her
students don't submit blank pages instead of test answers.
WOODEN CASES
I never knew there was a wooden case for the Optacon. Sounds like just the
thing for the Optacon corpses doesn't it?
SWAPPING LENSES
Some listers and respondents have mentioned lenses which they no longer
use. If anyone on this list has a need for one of the types of lenses, ask
and you might receive.
ALUMNI
The facts about the training and people's first experiences with the
Optacon do a lot to humanize a device which as you all know has had a lot
of bad press over the years even from its own users. Another positive
outcome is that listers who trained together and have lost touch might
renew friendships.
CORPSES
We had two postings today about non-working Optacons. One came from a
respondent and one came directly to the list. Richard, you need to make
more room. I hope that others will be encouraged to conact their sources
from the past to find out what might have happened to Optacons.
OPTACON ARCHIVES
Don, could you post something about how listers can access the previous
messages from this list? Also, how far back do the archives go?
THAT'S IT FOR NOW. WE'LL FILL ALL THOSE WOODEN CASES WITH CORPSES YET.
Catherine