Summer Class of '75

  • From: "Nancy Karstens" <nankar40@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Optacon List" <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 19:03:53 -0500

Hi all.
I attended the class in the summer of 1975 at TSI.  I think it was in late
June.  Did anyone on the list go to that class?  Do you remember the song we
wrote to the tune of "Down by the Riverside?"
I remember two other things about that class: feeling fantum letters going
across my finger at all hours of the day and night; and the day when they
showed us the prototype of their talking calculator.  It was just a collection
of parts in a big suitcase at that point, but that was my first experience with
a synthesized voice.  Fascinating!
Thanks, Nancy