[optacon-l] Re: new version of Optacon?

  • From: "Dan Tevelde" <dan.tevelde@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 20:00:16 -0500

I think I can shed some light on the issue.  I've spoken with the developer
directly in Germany and he abandoned the project in its present form because
he couldn't make the device competitive what with the high cost of materials
and the exchange rate between the dollar and the euro.  Unless the developer
has done something new recently I think the project is dead.  Perhaps
someone else knows more information than I do though.

Dan