[optacon-l] hand printing

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 09:15:20 -0700

Good morning list,

When I was still working, I had a friend who wrote me hand-printed letters
when he went to England one summer. They were short, but very neatly done
and very readable. He made them look almost like typed print. It was
incredible! Maybe the programmer in him helped him be so precise. It was so
good I just sailed through them. He was extremely impressed with the optacon
and had a great understanding of how important it was. At the time I was
still using it to read a CRT screen every day. It's rare that a sighted
person who hasn't seen such a device can have such a complete understanding
of how to hand-print to create print that the optacon can handle.

Mary