Re: Scanning Tips

  • From: "W. Nick Dotson" <nickdotson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 13:23:17 -0500

There is a certain distance the columns have to be apart to not be considered
as proportionally spaced text.  However, you might want to turn on "keep
images", not saving it in your default settings file, scan a page or so of the
difficult text, then, send the text to <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> using the
"file.send.send to an e-mail recipient" feature in K1000.  Bob can look at the
page image, and tell us what the problem is.  It might also be a good idea to
attach a copy of your "default.ost" file to that message.  Your "default.ost"
settings file can be located in your "c:\documents and settings\your user name
\applications data\kesi\kurzweil 1000" folder.

W. Nick Dotson

On Fri, 5 May 2006 10:10:48 -0700, Linda Gehres wrote:

 Thank you, Nick and Catherine.  The column identification settings are on,
 but I can't remember which recognition engine I'm using.  I have a
 newsletter which sometimes has three columns per page, closely formatted,
 and I suspect it would be hard no matter what the settings are for the
 scanner to recognize what text goes where, so I've just read it with the
 Optacon.  Catherine, thanks for the idea of covering the unwanted columns
 with paper as I hadn't thought of that.

 Linda Gehres