[optacon-l] Re: Print Symmetry

  • From: Test User <sruconich@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 11:59:55 -0600

When I was teaching BASIC computer programming, one of the assignments
was to draw a box. The only way my totally blind students could see
what their boxes looked
like--and therefore be able to correct any problems in length or
height--was to use the Optacon. By that time the Optacon had fallen
out of fashion as a print-reading device, but I showed them enough of
how to use the machine that they could evaluate their boxes and see
how each correction changed them. You can certainly use the Optacon to
look at things other than print!

Sandy