[optacon-l] Re: Pins in the Tactile Array

  • From: Catherine Thomas <braille@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 16:59:20 -0400 (EDT)

There may be more factors thanwe have isolated governing what we can read
with how many pins in the array. Someprint may not be effected by the
denser array which is a higher resolution. Some fingers may be so
sensitive that again the number of array pins may not matter, and as has
been mentioned, some read better with a lesser number of pins. We do have
a large amount of testimony in the form of mesages by users stating that
the Optacon II simply is not as clear as the r1d. Personally, there are
many things I can read with the r1d that I could barely make out with the
Optacon II. But since this does not appear to be the universal vies, we
will have to keep in mind a choice of arrays in any new Optacon design.