[optacon-l] Optacon Repair Needed

  • From: "DAVID PLUMLEE" <knobman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 23:25:40 -0500

I have an Optacon which is of the R449 series.  It has two problems:  The
battery has gone bad, and a wire is very intermittent in the camera cable (I
believe that it is the "common" wire, since the entire array goes blank when
contact is broken.  I have to wiggle the cable to a precise point to get an
image to appear on the array.
I am looking for contact information for anyone who can do the type of repair
needed.  I would prefer to ship the unit to someone in the United States, since
that is my homeland; but I would consider shipping the unit abroad if need be.

Any help will be appreciated.