RE: Optacon Memories

  • From: "Rose Combs" <rosecombs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 10:28:15 -0700

In the mid 1980's I was using the Optacon with a CRT lens to access all
computer information at work.  It failed to work one morning and I made
arrangements to send it in for repairs, then made arrangements to work at
home using my computer with speech.  I gathered up most of the print books
on my desk to work at home with, shipped the Optacon and then got home with
all those books and it hit me that I had no way to read them!

The Optacon was gone for three weeks and one day I changed a ribbon in the
printer and then printed about 100 pages only to find out that they did not
print.  Had to do them all over again, on a Daisy-wheel printer that made a
lot of noise.

Rose Combs
rosecombs@xxxxxxxxx