National Conventions

  • From: Catherine Thomas <braille@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 03:51:30 -0400 (EDT)

A great place to spread the word about the Optacon preservation project
would be at the various national conventions of blind consumers and also
rehab and teaching professionals. If anyone on the list plans on attending
any of the conventions and would like to spend a little time spreading the
word about the Optacon, please let me know. The simplest thing to prepare
would be a single-page announcement in Braille and also large print. We
need volunteers to compose, emboss, photocopy and of course distribute
such announcements. There isn't much time so let me know if you are
interested immediately. It may even be possible to demonstrate the use of
the Optacon to interested persons. Let me know soonest what you can do.
Most of the conventions have a literature table. It may be as simple as
dropping off leaflets in the correct room.
Thanks in advance to anybody who can help.
P.S. THINK OF THE CORPSES WE COULD DIG UP.
Catherine