[optacon-l] Re: Memory triggered by Catherine's email

  • From: "H & C Arnold" <4carolyna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 09:41:48 -0400

d for you, Kathryn!

In God We Trust,

Carolyn
----- Original Message -----
From: "Kathryn AfarianAfarian" <kathrynafarian@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2012 10:55 PM
Subject: [optacon-l] Memory triggered by Catherine's email

I have debated whether to write this, since it may reveal too much about me,
but I think this group will understand.  Years ago I worked as a supervisor
of teachers and missionaries at my church's missionary training center in
Provo, Utah.  Every week I received a print-out about incoming missionaries.
It had, as I remember, seven columns with information about the new
arrivals.  A number of times sighted people came to me saying something
like, "I just can't understand how to read these  charts." It was always
secretly satisfying, in perhaps a somewhat nasty way, to sit and explain a
chart that I had figured out one letter at a time to someone who had the
whole thing spread open before their eyes.   The optacon has made great
things possible for all of us.
Kathryn

Sent from my iPadto view the list archives, go to: