[optacon-l] Memory triggered by Catherine's email

  • From: Kathryn AfarianAfarian <kathrynafarian@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 20:55:19 -0600

I have debated whether to write this, since it may reveal too much about me,
but I think this group will understand.  Years ago I worked as a supervisor of
teachers and missionaries at my church's missionary training center in Provo,
Utah.  Every week I received a print-out about incoming missionaries.  It had,
as I remember, seven columns with information about the new arrivals.  A number
of times sighted people came to me saying something like, "I just can't
understand how to read these  charts." It was always secretly satisfying, in
perhaps a somewhat nasty way, to sit and explain a chart that I had figured out
one letter at a time to someone who had the whole thing spread open before
their eyes.   The optacon has made great things possible for all of us.
Kathryn

Sent from my iPadto view the list archives, go to: