Re: How would a One-Handed Optacon Work?

  • From: "eggmann" <eggmann@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 10:21:06 -0500

I suppose that like even a two-handed model, there would need to be
different camera designs for certain applications.  As for puter screens, I
understand that some folks who constantly used the crt lens (the old one
being as heavy as a led zeppelin) actually had their screens facing upward.

Though I'm not, of course, fixated on a one-handed optacon if the end result
is compromised in any, I believe it a concept well worth considering and
certainly economically well within the realm of reality with today's
technology and manufacturing techniques.
Doug: always trying to track correctly.
I have trouble featuring being able to point my finger straight out at some
of the angles where the camera sometimes needs to go.  For instance, how do
you point your finger straight up against the computer screen for a length
of time while running the camera across without causing some real
discomfort?