[optacon-l] How Many Optacons

  • From: Catherine Thomas <braille@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 21:46:17 -0400 (EDT)

So far I have heard from 54 Optacon users with a total of 121 Optacons.
I hope to hear from more of you but I would ask a small favor. Please do
not include the original message to which you are replying. Some of you
send a three-line message with three pages of miscellaneous data. Most of
us don't usually look at the actual replies we generate but I think it's
time we should start. Many email programs have the inclusion of the
original message as the default behavior but all programs have a way of
changing this either permanently or for a given message. To give you an
idea of how much this matters, the current messages which I downloaded to
my word processor after editing total about 18 thousand bytes. The same
messages before editing which included everybody's original everything
total over 76 thousand bytes. In cases where messages are being archived
or where persons might want to store them for their informational content,
it can make a big difference.
Thanks to all who replied so far. I hope to hear from many more list
members.
Catherine