[optacon-l] Re: Hello from new user and few questions

  • From: "Tracy Carcione" <carcione@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 13:21:27 -0400

Hi Greg.
Welcome to the list!

I just had my Optacon converted to use outlet power.  I like the change a
lot, but I'd be nervous about letting just any electrician do it, since I
can't easily replace my Optacon if it gets broken.

I use the standard Optacon camera to read my flat computer monitor.  The
monitor is a few years old.  I don't need the special CRT camera anymore.  I
do however keep having to flip the contrast switch.  Some of the screen is
black-on-white, and some white-on-black.
HTH.
Tracy