RE: Finding the Relative Size

  • From: "Westmoreland, J. R." <jr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 09:20:09 -0600

I just recently found a great use of your first point.

I'm taking the braille transcribers course.
The information and training in lesson 15 of the course deals with
italics, underlining, small caps, and other typeface issues and how to
transcribe them to braille.
While the course is available in braille because of the rules for
transcription you have no way to REALLY know what the exercise text is
all about.
Using the optacon and the print copy of the course materials leaves no
doubt as to what the typeface changes and items really are.
The funniest thing about this whole issue is that to provide you the
information in braille they practically have to give you the answer to
the entire exercise except for contracting of the braille. <smile>
This same issue happens to occur in a couple of other places in the
course as well.
=20
Just thought you might enjoy this one as a funny spot so early in the
morning.

J. R.

J. R. Westmoreland
PacifiCorp I/T Telecom Network Support