Caution!

  • From: "David Arocho" <darocho@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 08:10:59 -0400

Catherine's remarks regarding Mr. Stam are, I think, unfortunate.  Even if
inadvertent, they call into question this source's reliability without any
concrete reason for doing so.  These remarks could easily dissuade anyone
else on the list from recommending a service or product just because
Catherine or someone else would raise objections.  It think it goes beyond
the privileges of a moderator to make up our minds about a recommendation
from a fellow list participant.  If there were a complaint from someone
about Mr. Stam the post would be justified.  I don't expect Catherine or Mr.
Bishop, or anyone else, to take responsibility for someone else's
recommendation; but setting up a requirement that more than one person has
to recommend somebody before it is approved is going a bit far.  Now, if
this a moderated list, then Catherine would have intercepted the
recommendation and not let it come to the rest of us.  Making a veiled
allegation that the vendor here might not be responsible, especially in the
face of Mr. Clinton's explicit testimony to being satisfied with the
service, is unjust.

David Arocho