[opendtv] Re: [opendtv]

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 19:40:34 -0400

First we might see a couple of experiments of 1080p 50/60 movies on one of the hidef DVD formats.

At least I hope so.

Please nobody chime in that it just wouldn't look right because it would look like "video". ;-)

- Tom

Ron Economos wrote:
1080p@60 (or 50) emission is next. IMHO, it will be here
much sooner than many folks think.

Ron

Manfredi, Albert E wrote:

I noticed at Circuit City that you can buy a 42" LCD 1080p set for about
$200 more than the equivalent 42" 720p LCD set, these days. And that the
720p 42" set costs the same as I paid for my 26" LCD 2.something years
ago.

I think it was Frank Eory who said, some time ago, that everything would
converge to 1080 just because it's the highest number. Looks like that's
exactly what's happening.

What next? Line doubling the 1080p?

Tom Barry                  trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx