[opendtv] Re: new audio codecs - Neural Audio

  • From: "GerryK" <gerryk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 09:22:58 -0700

While at the IBC show, I experienced a demo of a new
audio technology that provides true, three-dimensional
surround sound played back from an off-the-shelf MP-3 music player
through its headphones -
I think it operates in less than 100 kilobits/second for surround sound mode
and it includes pre-processing for noise reduction and percieved frequency
enhancement

The technology is licensed by Harris Broadcasting

In addition, Harris is providing the infrastructure equipment
for XM satellite radio, and they are using the
technology, called Neural Audio, to provide
surround sound for the next generation of in-car
entertainment systems -

Neural Audio, the company who has created the technology is located in
Seattle, and the demo that I heard was the most amazing thing
I've ever heard from a pair of low-budget headphones -

the guys who developed it have come from the sound reinforement
industry, and mixed live audio for over 3,000 concerts -

http://www.neuralaudio.com

contact:

Mark Seigle
Executive Vice President of
Marketing and Business Development
voice: 310 880-2699 (Mark is based in LA)
e-mail: mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Neural Audio is based in Seattle at:
10544 5th Avenue North West
Seattle, Washington  98125