[opendtv] Re: The Weather and do these people have NO shame?

  • From: "Dale Kelly" <dalekelly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 12:00:54 -0700

Thanks for the new detailed info. Actually, you and I mostly agree.
One mistake in replying to your post, was my rambling on to also
include arguments related to other postings.

I quite often watch TWC, but without Doppler radar overlays
and satellite info, they wouldn't have the current viable commercially
sponsored product.
Same goes for Accuweather. They do develop content and
also add significant value thru packaging and by providing good
user tools. However, IMO, without the government data they don't
have a viable product.
I'm very familiar with the predatory nature of Accuweather. They
built profitable subscription services based upon and the free data
supplied by other. They now wish to eliminate competition from that
same free source; a tactic learned from the cable industry perhaps?
You are correct, we should have a choice.