[opendtv] Re: The Potential of OTA DTV

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 18:37:27 -0400

Bob,

If my content is desirable enough to the cable companies, then I can
negotiate retransmission consent terms that include the carriage of my HD
content separately from my primary content.  That is true today, and will
continue to be true as long as the must carry/retrans consent laws remain in
effect.

However, as a PBS affiliate, we enjoy the nationwide agreement signed
between us and the NCTA, so our entire multiplex is subject to cable
carriage.

John