[opendtv] Re: The New Mac Mini is All About Movies

  • From: Kon Wilms <kon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 10:55:19 -0800

On Sat, 2005-01-22 at 06:40 -0500, Craig Birkmaier wrote:
> If Cringely is right, would you call this a walled garden IPTV
> deployment, or an effort to BYPASS the walled gardens?

If you don't mind doing CA in software and telling people they need to
lose control of their devices because they can be changed over to IPTV
boxes. If Apple doesn't differentiate the Mini market they will be
killed by support costs alone ('I installed X and I can't watch video
anymore.. what do I do').

Every remote controlled interface displayed on a TV screen is a walled
garden in my book.

Cheers
Kon