[opendtv] Re: TV Viewership and Ad Money Are Going the Way of Newspapers

  • From: Albert Manfredi <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2014 19:26:53 -0500

 Craig wrote:

>> This article, like so many similar ones, misses the point. When people bail
>> out of MVPDs, they are NOT necessarily giving up TV. They are instead
>> consuming TV in a different way. It may not be on "TV sets," and for that
>> matter, it may not even be from any of the often-mentioned OTT aggregation
>> sites either.
>

> Did you read it Bert? It clearly says what you are saying here.

You should always re-tread your responses before posting these annoying
replies, Craig.

> This raises the larger question of what is TV? When we sit and watch a 30-60
> minute entertainment program, clearly that is watching "TV."
>
> When we watch a viral cat video on You Tube is that "TV?"
>
> When I watch a YouTube video that explains how to service the brakes on my
> truck, Is that "TV?"
>
> When I watch a video clip on the Fox News internet portal, from a Fox News
> show
> that aired two days ago, is that watching "TV?"

See, you finally got it. One wonders why you hadn't gotten it sooner.

The simple, first order answer is, any content one watches that is produced by
the TV congloms or by the MVPDs or OTT sites as original TV content, SHOULD
count as watching TV. But it clearly is not being. That's WHY I responded as I
did up above, Craig.