[opendtv] Re: Speaking of MPEG-4 ...

  • From: Adam Goldberg <adam_g@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 04:46:23 -0700 (PDT)

I note that A/53 contains no reference to CEA-608 at all, only CEA-708 (which
has 608 as a normative reference).

Is your complaint is that A/53 and A/72 /should/ have a normative reference to
608, because relying upon the secondary reference via 708 isn't a good idea?

My point is that A/72 makes it pretty darn clear that the captions used are the
same as in A/53.  No one should have any argument about that - and no one
familiar with it should think that 608 is not included.