[opendtv] Re: SINCLAIR TO AIR "A POW STORY: POLITICS, PRESSUREANDTHE MEDIA"

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 11:30:38 -0400

At 1:07 AM -0400 10/21/04, Bob Miller wrote:
>There were no slots. There was only long list of guys who had signed up=20
>long before Bush and who he simply cut in front of because of his=20
>connections.

I too would like to see this thread end, however I cannot let this
misrepresentation stand.

In order to get into the Air National Guard you had to pass a test to
qualify for training as a pilot. Bush took and passed this test while
he was still in Yale. There was not then, or ever that I am aware of
during the VietNam war a waiting list for entry into the Air National
Guard as a pilot trainee. Just the opposite was true, as they were
having a hard time finding enough pilot candidates during the peak of
the war when Bush enlisted. There are MANY places where this can be
verified.

It was the regular Nnation Guard (essentially infantry training) that
had a waiting list.