[opendtv] Re: RED ray laser projector

  • From: Mark Schubin <tvmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 May 2012 12:05:57 -0400

I did.

It was difficult to evaluate under the conditions in which they were showing it. They were showing a 3D short movie (the best of the movies made for illustrative purposes, starring Giovanni Ribisi). We were told in advance that there would be 3D ghosting issues, and there certainly were. Also, the movie takes place is a dystopian future, largely underground, in artificial lighting, desaturated, except for large amounts of very red meat.

So, under those conditions, it's hard to say just how good it was, but I can report that there was no noticeable laser speckle or any noticeable scanning artifact.

Overall, I'd say it was very encouraging.

TTFN,
Mark

On 5/4/2012 9:52 AM, Olivier Houot wrote:
Did anyone here have a chance to see this projector in operation at NAB?