[opendtv] Re: QuickTime 7 HD Gallery

  • From: "Donald Koeleman" <donald.koeleman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 00:47:15 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Barry" <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, May 01, 2005 12:27 AM
Subject: [opendtv] Re: QuickTime 7 HD Gallery

I have x264 and have used it.  But I think it is just an encoder.
     They recommend ffdshow for viewing.

See:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73022#post461589

- Tom

There seem to be many other ffmpeg based players:

The end draws near...
MPlayer is seriously threatened by software patents due to the numerous
patented multimedia techniques. Also threatened are the many programs built
upon MPlayer and the other free software multimedia players, like xine, VLC,
avifile, gstreamer and especially FFmpeg, which provides the framework all
of the above players use.

Mplayer being one of the software packages listed for using the x264
encoder.