[opendtv] Re: Performance Report: Zenith DTT900

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 09:22:35 -0500

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dale Kelly" <dalekelly@xxxxxxxxxxx>

If I understood John's original post, Zenith is distributing this new device
to broadcasters and I assume that is the start of a defensive PR campaign.
If other manufactures coupon quality devices do not perform so well, Zenith
has some cover.

It was provided by APTS to member stations as part of the DTV Education campaign. LG is selling this unit under the Zenith name, the LG name, and the Insignia brand (Best Buy's house brand?) We are to use it as part of our education efforts, including community demonstrations.

Remember that all coupon eligible STBs must meet certain performance criteria. Using the ATSC A/74 performance recommendations, it would be hard to build a really bad receiver.

John