[opendtv] Re: New Chips Improve Color TV Dramatically

  • From: "John Golitsis" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 10:49:09 -0400

> Well, dear top-poster, I already said why:

I don't care what anybody says, "top posting" is the way to go.  When I'm
following a thread, where's the need to scroll through the previous message
*that I just read* in order to see the reply?  Why this is lost on so many
people is utterly beyond me!

> NOTE: you can have that NTSC green today, if you wish,
> by buying a Panasonic RP-LCD set. I own one ...
> it's green is a monochromatic 546 nm ... exactly on
> the outer edge of the CIE curve.

But is this going to give me the most accurate representation of the
original material?  If green looks one way during content creation, and a
different way on your display, isn't something amiss there?