[opendtv] Re: My first dtv converter box

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 18:18:17 -0400

I guess my point was that while there were a number of ways to get her
some TV reception, including walking into the living room, none were
worth to her the amount of effort needed compared to just returning the
box and dealing with whatever the situation was next fall when she can
know the transition is finally over, stations are at their final
channels, locations, and power, and everybody else will be talking some
kind of consensus on what to do about OTA.

And, even for a bedroom TV, my own recommendation is usually to ignore
the converter boxes and just get a low priced HD LCD set with tuner.
Even with the available coupon I didn't bother with any converter boxes
myself.

- Tom