[opendtv] Re: Multicast to the World?

  • From: Don Moore <don@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 16:42:47 -0400

The MultiCast Protocol is normally blocked by most ISP Routers.  It
must be unblocked at several levels - many of which neither the
originator nor the recipient have control or influence.

It is as much a security concern as it is a concern over content
distribution that the ISP's can't control or charge.