[opendtv] Re: Movie Studios See a Threat in Growth of Redbox

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 07:24:50 -0400

(I'm not going to pretend that the 7 percent figure is fixed or
dropping. However, I would suggest to you that if OTA-exclusive
households were at that level, you'd never stop telling us how
insignificant the number is. Just saying...)

What is important for both is the trend line:

One is rising at a significant rate...

The other is declining into insignificance.

You also note that certain demographics tend to find money for their entertainment fixes, even if they cannot afford it.

So if those with limited incomes are not dependent on Free OTA TV,

Who IS?

Could it be that the last OTA holdouts are folks like yourself who simply choose not to support the umbilical services?

Or that a significant portion of those who choose not to pay for a multi-channel TV service may choose not watch TV at all?