[opendtv] Re: More Are Watching Internet Video on Actual TVs, Research Sho

  • From: dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 22:29:36 -0700

This is good stuff, and good news.  I would really like to deliver our
programming to OTT devices and internet cable TVs.  Even better, we produce
live sports and would love to stream it live to "Actual TV"s (without a
computer connected).  How cool would it be to deliver it without going
through a network or broadcaster!  But how?  I suppose one could get a good
programmer to write a dozen applications, one for each device, and put it
on the store.  Maybe I can work something out with Amazon...

Dan

Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 08:31:00 -0400
From: Monty Solomon <monty@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [opendtv] More Are Watching Internet Video on Actual TVs, Research
Sho
More Are Watching Internet Video on Actual TVs, Research Shows

By JENNA WORTHAM
SEPTEMBER 26, 2012

No more squinting at YouTube videos or Hulu shows on a tiny laptop or
desktop screen. More people are now watching Internet video --
everything from cat videos to streaming prime-time shows -- on
big-screen televisions than on computers, according to a new report
from the NPD Group, a market research company.

The report did not give details about mobile devices, only personal
computers. But the firm found that the number of people who report
that their home television is the primary screen for watching paid
and free Internet video has increased to 45 percent, up from 33
percent a year earlier. During the same period, consumers who used a
PC as their main way to watch online video dipped to 31 percent from
48 percent.

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/26/more-are-watching-internet-video-on-actual-tvs-research-shows/