[opendtv] Re: Miller's 5th gen testing?

  • From: Bob Miller <bob@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 17:35:05 -0400

John Golitsis wrote:

>Bob...what happened to the other LG 5th gen-based receivers you were
>supposed to get for testing?  Weren't you also expecting an LG
>display with integrated LG receiver?

Waiting on two PCI cards  and haven't gotten around to the integrated
test. The hallway into Mark's apartment is a problem. I could test a CRT
but it ways too much and is too deep. Should have received a PCI card by
now the other by the end of the month. I think both companies are
working with LG before sending prototypes.

Two other STB's I gave up on before testing. Another from Zoran didn't
materialize.

The Zoran was demonstrated before the Commerce Committee and had a solid
state tuner. They were going to send be a prototype to test but I think
they know better.

Bob Miller