[opendtv] Re: Is this Apple's iTV?

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 19:50:53 -0500

Cliff Benham wrote:

> OK, Let me ask the question another way:
>
> Is any programming sent through the air from any source, or
> any program sent via fiber to the home, or any program sent via
> satellite or any other digital service you can name reaching my
> HDTV set at home or my tablet or whatever visual display device
> you want to name which any consumer may own--- ---is any of that
> programming reaching consumers ion native resolution 1080p?

Yes, right?

Didn't Dish, or was it DirecTV, start transmitting HDTV movies some time ago,
as 1080p24? I they did, and made a big deal about it.

Of course, ATSC has no trouble doing this either, at least as far as the
receivers are concerned. For some reason, I don't think anyone is broadcasting
1080p24 or p30 OTA, but it's there for the using.