[opendtv] Re: "Is Wal-Mart Good for America?"

  • From: Mark Schubin <tvmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 09:33:51 -0500

What an interesting viewpoint.  As someone technically involved in much
PBS programming, I get frequent complaints these days that PBS leans to
the right.  A recent news story noted that WNET, the New York station,
refused underwriting for the movie "Kinsey," though they have no
difficulty accepting what appear to be ads from such companies as BMW
and Movado.  Is there something leftish about the shows I work on:
Sesame Street, Live from Lincoln Center, Great Performances, Dance in
America, the Metropolitan Opera Presents, American Playhouse, etc.?

TTFN,
Mark